H.323 VoIP Testbed
This project has concluded.
This project built a testbed for voice transmission over
high-performance networks. A community of Internet2 member
universities and international partner institutions peered their H.323
VoIP networks (largely Cisco CallManagers) to demonstrate the ability
the ability of advanced networks to provide reliable, high-quality
long-distance voice trnsport.
Walt Magnussen <email@example.com> and
Mike Enyeart <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This project has enjoyed significant support from Cisco Systems.
- Integrate the 20 plus universities that are currently participating
in the VoIP Testbed with the ViDeNet
Scheme (GDS). This will dramatically increase VoIP connectivity
- Create a "cookbook" to outline the process for connecting
- Create an operational help desk using the resources of the Texas
University VoIP lab and the engineering support made available from
Cisco, Nortel, and others.
- Investigate and deploy solutions for H.323/SIP
- Explore ENUM, TRIP, and other techniques for scaling E.164
| Contact Us
1000 Oakbrook Drive, Suite 300, Ann Arbor MI 48104 | Phone: +1-734-913-4250